A proposal for your thoughts, as we plan future FUDCons...

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 20:35:59 UTC 2011

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 12:29, Jared K. Smith <jsmith at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 10:04 AM, Robyn Bergeron <rbergero at redhat.com> wrote:

> To be frank (no Beefy Miracle pun intended), I already dislike the
> fact that some people feel like they have to be at FUDCon North
> America (even if they're not from North America), as that's the FUDCon
> where "everything happens".  If anything, I'd go the other direction
> -- I would make the regional FUDCon events stronger.

I think you are going to be fighting a losing fight with human nature
there though. People want to be with other people and if you move
stuff off then everyone who weren't there are going to feel like they
need to be at X next time if they want to get Y done. And unless you
get enough of Z people together, things don't feel like they were
getting accomplished because they needed that other person who wasn't
there.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
battle." -- Ian MacLaren