A proposal for your thoughts, as we plan future FUDCons...

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 20:40:03 UTC 2011

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 14:35, Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 12:29, Jared K. Smith <jsmith at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 10:04 AM, Robyn Bergeron <rbergero at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> To be frank (no Beefy Miracle pun intended), I already dislike the
>> fact that some people feel like they have to be at FUDCon North
>> America (even if they're not from North America), as that's the FUDCon
>> where "everything happens".  If anything, I'd go the other direction
>> -- I would make the regional FUDCon events stronger.
>

> I think you are going to be fighting a losing fight with human nature
> there though. People want to be with other people and if you move
> stuff off then everyone who weren't there are going to feel like they
> need to be at X next time if they want to get Y done. And unless you
> get enough of Z people together, things don't feel like they were
> getting accomplished because they needed that other person who wasn't
> there.

Sorry I dropped my phone on the keyboard and it sent out too soon. I
don't mean to make it sound impossible, but there is a strong logic to
having one conference where most people can go. I would say Brazil
mainly because it looks like the center of the world according to my
map.  :). On the other hand strengthening other conferences could be
done, but they would really need to have a specific focus and making
sure that the people for that focus were going to be there en-mass.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
battle." -- Ian MacLaren