A proposal for your thoughts, as we plan future FUDCons...

Robert 'Bob' Jensen bob at fedoraunity.org
Tue Apr 12 14:19:45 UTC 2011

----- "Jaroslav Reznik" <jreznik at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Monday, April 11, 2011 04:35:01 PM Matthias Kranz wrote:
>
> On the other hand, we can make smaller non-worldwide FUDCons. I really
> enjoy the
> local FUDCons - closer to users but from developers perspective - it's
> just
> useless activity (it works for local ambassadors but not for other
> people).
>
> I'd prefer to have smaller - one day local events (EMEA, APAC, LATAM,
> Africa
> maybe?) and one big worldwide (who says it has to be NA always??? yes,
> I know,
> budget but)...
>
> Today I had 1:1 with our HR how to bring more people to NA FUDCon as a
> benefit/motivation :)
>
> So I'm +1!

I for one would not bother attending a single day event unless it was with in an hour drive, the overall benefit is not there if it is any farther away. As it is I have missed the last couple FUDcon events because of mainly financial reasons, I'm sure not spending $500 to fly somewhere for a day.

-- Bob

|       Robert 'Bob' Jensen        ||       Fedora Unity Founder       |
|       bob at fedoraunity.org        ||      http://fedoraunity.org/     |
|                   http://bjensen.fedorapeople.org/                   |
|                http://blogs.fedoraunity.org/bobjensen                |
|                   http://www.facebook.com/rpjensen                   |