The future of optical media within the project.

Robert 'Bob' Jensen bob at fedoraunity.org
Wed Jan 12 18:17:27 UTC 2011

----- "Rahul Sundaram" <metherid at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 2:08 AM, Robert 'Bob' Jensen <
> bob at fedoraunity.org > wrote:
>

> ----- "Bill Nottingham" < notting at redhat.com > wrote:

> and
> > cons
> > larger )
> > >
> > > A big pro to abandoning CD size images for the default install is
> > the
> > > option of including more languages than just English...
> >
> > The Desktop live image does include multiple languages; not all
> > CD-sized
> > spins do, though.
> >

> The point of this message is to remind everyone, we already have an
> install method that lets you install the language of your choice, we
> have had it for years.
>

> Not sure what purpose the reminder serves since everyone participating
> in this conversation knows about it already. We are discussing changes
> to the live images. If you don't want to suggest improvements for
> that, might as well as skip this thread.
>

> Rahul

The discussion is about optical media, you might check the subject line. Optical media includes the DVD images with the traditional anaconda installer.

-- Bob

|       Robert 'Bob' Jensen        ||       Fedora Unity Founder       |
|       bob at fedoraunity.org        ||      http://fedoraunity.org/     |
|                   http://bjensen.fedorapeople.org/                   |
|                http://blogs.fedoraunity.org/bobjensen                |
|                   http://www.facebook.com/rpjensen                   |