Fedora Board Recap 07-06-2011

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 20:49:03 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 3:58 PM, Richard Fontana <rfontana at redhat.com> wrote:

> Whoa. I object, if the Board is suggesting that the Asterisk agreement
> bears any similarity to the FPCA.
>
> The Asterisk contributor agreement seems to be this one, the "Digium
> Open Source Software Project Submission Agreement v3.0":
> https://issues.asterisk.org/view_license_agreement.php

Yeah, perhaps I didn't make it as clear in the notes (and probably
should have deleted it). we discussed the Asterisk agreement and the
uniqueness of it due to the dual-licensing model of Asterisk, and
Digium needs to have the rights to make a proprietary distribution of
your contributions. This is obviously the *exact opposite* of what
we're aiming for with the FPCA.

The Canonical agreement was also discussed, as an example of where we
don't want to go - that agreement provides *no* protection against
proprietary relicensing.