Fedora website, Red Hat, copyright notices and FPCA

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 02:00:43 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 9:52 PM, Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com> wrote:

>  This isn't a purely legal matter but also a matter
> of policy since it is in the best interest of Fedora ( but not
> necessarily Red Hat Legal's concern) to lower the barrier to entries to
> Fedora whenever possible.

While I agree with this, I don't think that the FPCA presents a large
barrier to entry today. I challenge you to find me one living,
breathing human (not some hypothetical one) that the FPCA has
"disenfranchised" (for lack of a better term). I simply don't know of
any. If someone can sign up for a FAS account, they are *certainly*
capable of signing the FPCA in just a few more clicks. We've even
reduced the amount of personal information required to do so.