Looking for feedback on Fedora COC Enforcement Draft

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Wed Mar 2 18:32:33 UTC 2011

On Wed, 02 Mar 2011 13:14:37 -0500
Brian Pepple <bpepple at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> This seems like a fairly unlikely scenario to me (or maybe I'm just
> not quite understanding what you are saying here). Has any other
> community with a code of conduct had this happen, or is this just a
> theoretical scenario?

Yeah, I have seen this happen with a Ubuntu member I think.
Will have to try and find the links again...

> > So, my strong opinion is that we do not require any explicit
> > signing of this, instead we note that it's the case for "everyone
> > who is using Fedora project resources".
>
> Ok, I disagree with you on this, Kevin. ;) I think by having the COC
> acknowledgment be a part of the CLA change, we benefit by having:
>
>      1. All of the community be aware of it since all project members
>         will need to sign the CLA - i.e. not being lost in the noise
> of the mailing lists, and the void of the wiki as so many other
>         things tend to be.
>      2. Saying as a community that it is *important* to us as a
> project that everyone be treated in a respectful and considerate
> manner.

Perhaps this would work as a compromise:

I have no problem with using the cla change to _notify_ people about
this, I just don't think we should require them to explicitly agree to
it, so how about we send it out when people agree to the CLA.

"FYI, here is the Fedora Code of Conduct which you will be expected to
follow when using any project resources..."

Would that work for you?

kevin