Recommend 64-bit download by default

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 19:01:02 UTC 2011

On 11 November 2011 10:25, Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/10/2011 02:50 PM, Christoph Wickert wrote:
>> Am Donnerstag, den 10.11.2011, 12:01 +0530 schrieb Rahul Sundaram:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> The default download in Fedora Project website is still 32-bit and I
>>> think it is time we moved the recommended download to be 64-bit.
>>
>> This is a technical decision. I suggest you file a ticket in FESCo's
>> trac.
>
> Is it purely a technical decision?  I don't believe it is.  I think it

Nothing is a purely technical decision when you have more than 2
people working one something. At some point though you say its
technical enough. The "recommended spin" is the architecture that
"Engineering" represented by FESCO is relatively focused on.

If it comes to ping-pong, we can cut it short by outlining a good way
of doing so:
FESCO -> we don't believe we have purview here.
BOARD -> we need a recommendation
FESCO -> we believe we focus on X
BOARD -> we say make X so.

Or its going to be:
BOARD -> we need a recommendation from FESCO
FESCO -> we believer we focus on X
BOARD -> we say make X so.

Or we can short cut it down to

FESCO -> we believe we focus on X