Improving the Spins process

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Oct 11 16:29:19 UTC 2011

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 10:01:38 -0400,
  "Jared K. Smith" <jsmith at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> * Move from using wiki categories to trac tickets for managing the
> state of proposed spins.  (Several spins have fallen through the
> cracks because of the way categories work in the wiki.)
> * Establish a more concrete schedule for the spins milestones
> * Establish clear guidelines for the role and responsibility of the
> Spins Wrangler
>
> I encourage you to look over the slides at the link above, and let us
> know your thoughts on the issue.

While this doesn't fix all of the issues with Spins, I think Christoph's
proposal seems good at improving the parts of the process it addresses.

One thing I think tied to this that also needs improvement is communicating
which spins should have isos built and which of these should be torrent
only. Currently a wiki page is used for that and I think it would make
sense to involve the ticketting system in that part of the process as
well. (If nothing else make sure there is a ticket to set that wiki
page up.)