Sponsoring event attendees

Joerg Simon jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Wed Feb 15 12:57:17 UTC 2012

On 14.02.2012 22:06, Max Spevack wrote:
> For folks who are new, the historical data backing up what Robyn is
> saying is here:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Accounting and the pages linked off of
> it.  My sense is that this transparency angle has really stopped since I
> turned in my Red Hat credit card.  I would like to see it ressurected in
> some form for the Red Hat fiscal year beginning on March 1.  That
> financial transparency is an important underpinning of Fedora's
> community structure.

there was a meeting to deal exactly with the transparency problem that
we all see and there are some deliverables:
<http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2012-01-26/budget_meeting.2012-01-26-14.01.html>

The situation with budget overall is better with the CommCards but still
in bad shape - i still have to deal with payment issues from early 2011
which are not payed yet.
That *let us look unreliable*!!! I do not know if this means something
in other parts of the world?

I can not understand why "a company who is doing great software, but is
so bad with internal processes" is not able to hire a person (maybe part
time) to take care for such easy an trivial things! Fedora Position at
RedHat exist but with no feedback to the candidates who applied to for
the jobs - as example:
http://iquaid.org/2011/09/07/new-community-manager-position-on-my-team/
the position itself is no longer available ... who got the job? ... why
candidates who applied got no answer?

cu Joerg
--
Joerg (kital) Simon
jsimon at fedoraproject.org
http://kitall.blogspot.com
Key Fingerprint:
3691 0989 2DCA 58A2 8D1F 2CAC C823 558E 5B5B 5688