FUDcon Board Meeting

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 04:24:46 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 05:37:07AM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 01/20/2012 04:36 AM, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

> >> We disagree on that.  Point 1 and 2 in the vision requires open tools.
> >>
> > Since duckduckgo isn't open, are you saying that 1 and 2 are not applicable?
>
> Is that a rhetorical question? duckduckgo is more open than google is.
> for instance, a more open privacy policy

No, it was a request for clarification.  Talking about "open tools" leads me
to think you mean open source or open standards... I didn't understand what
you were saying.  So what you're saying is that duckduckgo is more
transparent than google and that aligns with our vision statement better?

So to examine that:
"""
* free culture is welcoming and widespread,
* collaboration is commonplace,
"""

How does the default search engine in firefox having a published privacy policy:
make free culture welcoming and widespread?

How does the default search engine in firefo having a published privacy policy
make collaboration commonplace?

> > To put in a counter -- I don't think the Board has any business trying to
> > manage at all.  Lead, yes.  Manage, no.
>
> Don't see the board doing either much

Which is likely better than them doing both :-)

-Toshio