Unofficial Fedora Remix being advertised on the project front page

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Thu Oct 17 20:14:46 UTC 2013

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 04:39:07PM +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:

> There is not even straight comparisons between both the *release
> blocking* desktops, Gnome and KDE which quite frankly sends mixed
> signals not only outside the project but within it as well since
> it's considered good enough to block the release but not good enough
> to get equal representation with pros and cons of both o_O

GNOME is the default desktop. The KDE spin does not get equal
representation because *it* *is* *not* *equal*. We consider it release
blocking for a variety of reasons, but just because KDE is more
important than XFCE or LXDE does not mean that it's as important as
GNOME. That's a straightforward, consistent message.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org