Board/Project Governance

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Mon Sep 9 14:04:57 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 6:45 AM, Josh Boyer <jwboyer at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> > I'm curious as to what people think.  I'm putting this out there as a
> > discussion starter.  Hopefully the discussion it generates is positive
> > and thought provoking.
>
> So, I was serious when I said the above.  I mean, I figured maybe
> comments would be light on Friday, but it's been 3 days and only two
> people have made any comments at all (thank you).  None of the Board
> members have said anything.
>
> Or have I done the impossible?  Have I proposed something that is
> either universally agreeable or universally hated?  Seems unlikely.

Time to repeat myself from the private discussion ;-). I like the idea.
It's really similar to the Council cwickert proposed, just with the
difference that he meant it to coexist with Board and that was my
only problem I had with it. We don't have enough people already to
serve FESCo and Board, having another body... But replacing Board by
council like group - make sense for me. I even like having more
flexibility Toshio proposed - adding some flexibility and it can
avoid having bored people on Board meeting.

So +1 for the initial proposal.

Jaroslav