Proposal: Revision of policy surrounding 3rd party and non-free software

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Wed Jan 22 12:57:28 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 05:29:49AM -0500, Christian Schaller wrote:

> As for the technical side; is working with binary blobs a pain? Yes, it is.
> Despite that, is it possible to do? Yes, it is.

It's possible as long as you're willing to make fundamental changes to
the way that we handle kernel updates, which is something that you
should be discussing on kernel at lists.fedoraproject.org rather than
inside Red Hat. You're proposing large social changes without having a
documented technical plan for achieving your goals.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org