Proposal: Revision of policy surrounding 3rd party and non-free software

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 04:08:20 UTC 2014

Hi

On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 4:10 PM, Josh Boyer  wrote:

> Your wiki search inspired me.  I did one of my own.  I found pages
> that have existed since 2008 that mention 3rd party repositories:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Third_party_repositories
>
> We also have one that explicitly tells you how to install Adobe flash,
> which is non-free software:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Flash (created in 2011)

I have moved info out of both these pages and added references so that
users can still find the info but we don't document them directly in the
wiki anymore.   I have also changed the note at

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Help:Wiki_rules_and_etiquette#Do_not_provide_details_of_forbidden_items

Rahul