[Fedora-ambassadors-list] Steering committee meeting last night.

Michael J Knox michael at knox.net.nz
Tue Mar 14 05:16:13 UTC 2006

Patrick Barnes said:
> You are correct in that this could potentially have been handled in a more
> amicable manner.  I must point out that rjune has not been an active
> contributor with the Fedora Project.  Even his involvement with Fedora
> Unity
> has been limited.  It is perfectly understandable that Alex would not know
> who he is.  Each person has a unique perspective to know a different
> subset
> of our contributors, and Alex has not had the widest window to learn who
> everyone is.  The kick might have been overkill, as simply asking him to
> leave would have probably been sufficient.  In the future, we will do a
> better job of handling these meeting so that everyone understands what is
> going on.

Regardsless of contribution, the reaction is over the top.

*IF* it was so important to have only ambassodors present and not others,
then someone with a small clue on IRC channel opterations, could have made
the channel invite only. Or, moderated the channel and only given voice to
those who were there to take part in the meeting.

Again.. Regardless of contribution, the kick was not needed.

Michael