[Fedora-ambassadors-list] Steering committee meeting last night.

Patrick Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Tue Mar 14 05:19:35 UTC 2006

On Monday 13 March 2006 23:00, Michael J Knox wrote:
> WOW! I can't believe that.
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/Conduct
>
> After reading the very first paragraph of the above link, makes me wonder
>
> :-/ I certainly don't want actions like the above tarnish myself or Fedora
>
> as a whole.
>
> I know the Fedora Extra meetings are completely open, I often sit in on
> them with a keen interest. I see no need to kick people period.
>
> Michael

I agree that things did not go as smoothly as they could have.  Every young
effort is going to have its stumbling blocks.  We can't open these meetings
up right now, as they tend to be completely destroyed by off-topic questions,
comments and rants.  This kind of discussion has been impossible in the
#fedora-mktg channel, and we felt the need to get some things taken care of.
Hopefully, as the project matures, we'll be able to move to a more open
format for the meetings that allows us to engage everyone in the talks.  This
kind of early development wasn't open for the other major Fedora projects
either.  Now that some of this stuff is out of the way, we can move forward
down a path that will lead to a more open model.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 at n-man.com

http://www.n-man.com/