[Ambassadors] Fedora EMEA e.v. (was Re: What Fedora makes sucking ...)

Felix Kaechele felix at fetzig.org
Tue Dec 9 14:05:08 UTC 2008

Max Spevack schrieb:
> On Tue, 9 Dec 2008, Robert Scheck wrote:
>> Maybe the 128 Euro per year are the real issue. Maybe we should reduce
>> to e.g. 12 Euro per year or similar, that people like me don't care
>> about what happens with the (my) money.
>
> That would be fine with me.  To be honest, I don't remember what the
> original rationale was for setting the membership fee at 128.

Quoting Max Spevack from
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-ambassadors-list/2008-May/msg00051.html

According to Gerold there were two reasons for the 128 EUR:
a) "we are binary people" and 128 EUR equals 2*2*2*2*2*2*2.
b) "we are having the same fee in my local LUG, too"
Honestly I don't think that any of these sounds convincing. Maybe there
are better reasons, but this is what Gerold told me on the phone.

Hope that helps,
Felix