[Ambassadors] Re: What Fedora makes sucking for me - or why I am NOT Fedora

Ricky Zhou ricky at fedoraproject.org
Tue Dec 9 15:06:04 UTC 2008

On 2008-12-09 03:37:03 PM, Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) wrote:
> >> Fedora people can be in the secret, and others are being despised. This
> >> doesn't make a healthy community.
> > I'm sorry, where did you get the idea that any "elite group" of Fedora
> > people are in to some secret?
>
> Some know, some don't. That makes an elit group who is in the secret for me.
Sorry, the phrases "elite group" and "others are being despised" struck
a nerve, so I probably misinterpreted what you were trying to imply.

> Read again what I said. If _RedHat_ has to hide some informations (which
> is totally understandable on a legal point of view for a private company),
> then the whole Fedora community should be kept unaware _even the ones
> working for RedHat_.
Even in retrospect, I don't think your approach would have been
practical, as the Incident clearly needed some sort of response from
Fedora.

Either way, I think this could be a very meaningful discussion to have
after more information is released.  I would definitely agree that there
were some big problems in how the Incident was handled, but it's
probably best to wait until we have more details before coming to
definite conslusions about how things should have been done.

Thanks,
Ricky