[Ambassadors] Contribute to build Wiki Articles

Danishka Navin danishka at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 13:10:06 UTC 2008

Randika,

Randika Rathugama wrote:

> 2008/11/4 Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com
> <mailto:stickster at gmail.com>>
>
>     On Tue, Nov 04, 2008 at 07:07:35PM +0530, Randika Rathugama wrote:
>     > Dear Ambassadors,
>     >
>     > Recently I started a "Wiki" project for collaborative writing. [
>     > http://www.developerwiki.org]
>     >
>     > There we have created a category for System Administration >
>     Linux (Fedora)
>     >
>     <http://www.developerwiki.org/wiki/Category:Linux_%28Fedora%29>and I'm
>     > planing to start some how-tos, articles under this category, if
>     this works
>     > we can build a better article repository for fedora on
>     DeveloperWiki, which
>     > can be update anytime by anyone. (I think I shouldn't explain
>     how "wiki"
>     > works to you guys :D )
>     >
>     > It's highly appreciate if you can contribute and help to build
>     this wiki.
>
>     Is there a reason why you don't want to do this on the Fedora wiki
>     itself, helping the Documentation team as you do it?
>

> Hi Paul,
>
> Yeah I'm agree with you. I know DeveloperWiki Project is not only for
> "Linux (Fedora)", there are many areas that we going to address here.
> Anyway developerwiki is not the only site where people can find fedora
> aticles. And also "fedora wiki" also not the only place where we can
> find fedora articles. This is just another addition for* Fedora Wikis*.
>
> And also this site is very new to the internet, ( still its in
> development ). Most of our contributors are from Sri Lanka, so
> DeveloperWiki will be able to spread the word "Fedora" to the Sri
> Lankan community.

This is the first time I heard about DeveloperWiki.

I do not think it is the best way to spread Fedora in Sri Lanka.
But, as Paul said you can join to the Fedora wiki.
Get other friends in to Fedora wiki as well. ;-)

And also we have a Fedora Sinhala l10n wiki as well. [1]

There are many ways, such as Fedora l10n, Fedora media distribution [2]
,  writing articles [3] , workshops, etc.

At the moment we have tried/trying all above possibilities.

we have published an article in Silumina news paper (23rg page) on last
year, 09th Dec 2007. :)  [3]
I appreciate your active life with Fedora.

Btw, yesterday I was talking about FOSS in Kelaniya PS, Sri Lanka.
I asked a question, "Do you know about GNU/Linux OS?

every one said, NO

then, once I started talking about distros'
I said, Fedora, OpenSuse,, ..and Ubuntu.

Then one guy said "Yes, I have a CD"  :D
The reason is Ubuntu free distribution, they do not know about
GNU/Linux,etc but the brand "Ubuntu"

Randika: this is the situation :)

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N/Teams/Sinhala
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Distribution/FreeMedia