[Ambassadors] FAmNA Meeting Summary from 2008-11-19

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 14:41:48 UTC 2008

* Announcements

   - Ambassadors are encouraged to attend Max Spevack's February class
     on Training & Tips for Fedora Ambassadors.

       https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate/IRC/Classroom

     Ambassadors are encouraged to tap into the wealth of community
     building knowledge that exists within the Fedora Project to better
     understand how successful community building is done.

   - Congratulations to our friend Matthew Szulik for his recent honor.

     http://webcast.ey.com/events/play.aspx?prog={08085a61-5b66-40cc-b560-79c8be27fc94}&options=2

   - FAmSCO and other election nomination reminder: Dec. 3, 2008 is the
     deadline. Please continue to consider nominating someone you believe
     would be good for these positions and consider running yourself.

* Tasks [https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/NA/Tasks]

  Short discussion of trying to be more diligent in adding tasks to our
  list and of monitoring their progress followed by an update on the status
  of current listed tasks.

  Clint Savage reported an interesting experiment he has been working on
  related to mapping out the terrain of the organization of the Fedora
  Project using vym. A sneak peak at this has been posted to his blog.

  F10 media for NA is in the pipeline to be produced as fast as possible
  in conjunction with the release of F10. Should be available in December.

* Open Floor

  Q4 budget, swag, and miscellaneous topics briefly discussed.

I would again like to thank all the participants, especially the new
ambassadors joining us for the first time tonight.