[Ambassadors] Hello all

David Nalley david at gnsa.us
Mon Sep 8 13:55:45 UTC 2008

2008/9/6 chicagonpg <chicagonpg at gmail.com>:
> My name is Shaun Mallette and I have been using Fedora since Fedora 5, I
> started using open source three years ago. I have been into computers since
> 1992 but once I found out about linux and open source I never looked back to
> anything else. I'm a big supporter of linux and open source. I live in
> Portage, Indiana USA and I'm part of the local LUG lugin.org. I'm part of
> FWN and trying to learn how to help with that also.I'm current enrolled in a
> linux/unix certification program and hope one day to get certififed for Red
> Hat.

Hi Shaun,

Welcome to the group.
A couple of things to tell you. I believe Indiana is in the Central
Region. John Rose (inode0) is the Central Region's coordinator, so
feel free to hit him up if you need something, he can get you started,
and familiar with things.  The North American Ambassadors meet every
Tuesday at 9pm Eastern (Wednesday 0100 UTC) in #fedora-meeting on
irc.freednode.net
You may want to see if you are able to attend the Ohio Linux Fest in
Columbus Ohio on October 11th as we will be having a Fedora
Ambassadors Day: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAD/FADNA2008
Also, you might want to review our Musts/Should/Could
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/NorthAmerica/Expectations

And finally - please add yourself to this page:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/NA/Regions

Thanks,

David Nalley