[Ambassadors] Ambassadors list

Francesco Ugolini fugolini at fedoraproject.org
Fri Sep 12 16:55:47 UTC 2008

2008/9/12 Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com>:
> I have a question for FAMSCo:  Can someone who is a well-known and
> active Fedora contributor join the fedora-ambassadors-list, without
> having to take on yet more Ambassador duties?

Actually the requirement to became a Fedora-Ambassadors list member is
to be in the Ambassadors Account System group.

I think your argumentations are reasonable and personally I agree with
those one: surely they could be used to start a great discussion over
this proposal.

1 .The main problem we would face could be resumed in this question:
why someone who isn't in the Ambassadors group could be in Ambassadors
list and someone else can't? If we accept people that aren't member of
Ambassadors list, other people could ask why they can't etc... The
natural conclusion would be: open Ambassadors List or maintain it
closed.

2. I know there are a lot of Fedora Contributors interested joining
the discussion over Fedora Events, and it's not correct to let them
out of the discussion. I think FAmSCo could discuss about open the
list only to Account System members.
But, just another problem: it would be necessary a way to simplify M-L
administrators work, in fact Joerg (our list administrator) is working
hard trying to manage new requests, checking who is in the AS group
etc..

3. Personally I don't know how simple could be check all the requests,
meanwhile we are work with new Ambassadors (a requirement to be an
Ambassadors is write a message about themselves on the List: with this
opening, would it be useful?).

A lot of time we discussed about this opportunity both here, and
during the past FAmSCo, there too.

FAmSCo, meanwhile, will discuss about the possibility and will try to
focus on the problems and the benefits from this proposal.

Personally I could say one thing: Everyone in Fedora Project is an
Ambassador, Ambassadors Project itself it's aimed to simplify people
work, giving them resources etc.

Starting from Sunday we will able to release an update in the new
Memebership policy, and I can assure it will simplify the process to
join the Project.

Hope to be more detailed soon

Regards

Francesco Ugolini