[Ambassadors] Ambassadors list

avinash singh avinashsingh_87 at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 14 08:35:31 UTC 2008

yeah its good idea.

Avinash Singh > Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 10:27:24 +0200> From: chitlesh.goorah at gmail.com> To: fedora-ambassadors-list at redhat.com> Subject: Re: [Ambassadors] Ambassadors list> > 2008/9/12 Paul W. Frields :> > Having open archives is good because it means people can read> > discussions after the fact. But if people can't read in real time, or> > let Ambassadors know about opportunities and then participate in the> > conversation, we're not getting real collaboration with the rest of the> > project.> > Hello there,> > Ever since the Fedora Ambassador Project was created way back in 2005,> this type of discussion comes up every 6/7 months.> > I have said it before (several times since the Fedora Ambassador> Project was created) and JoergSimon already posted a link to that.> > However please DO NO OPEN THE ARCHIVES OF THIS LIST to public.> > A short summary:> The Fedora Ambassador Project is a sub project of the Fedora Marketing> Project and everyone will agree with that. Fedora Marketing List is> open to public, but Fedora Ambassador project's does not. All> Ambassadors _must_ be subscribed to the Marketing mailing list.> > Coming back to Paul Frield's words:> > we're not getting real collaboration with the rest of the project.> > The collaboration between ambassadors and the rest of the project _IS_> and _should be_ via the marketing mailing list and not ambassador> mailing list.> > When the ambassador project was initiated, the ambassador mailing list> was intented to serve as a ground to discuss critical issues (freely> between Fedora Ambassadors) such as:> - budget expenses on a particular event> - frank discussions (but between ambassadors ONLY) about difficulties> they had during events. Thus next time, other fedora ambassadors don't> fall into the same problems.> example: if for a particular event ambassadors had a very bad> experience with a hotel, he/she can share his/her views here. If the> list is opened, this type of discussion will implicate bad publicity> for the hotel. We are ambassadors and not hotel-star-tagger. Thus a> private ML protects our views.> -............(there are many critical issues, that you are already aware of)> > Fedora Ambassadors are not those who decide the faith/roadmap(FAB> does) of the whole Fedora Project. Thus to the outside world, this> mailing list is not important.> > A REQUEST TO ALL AMBASSADORS:> > The Fedora Ambassador Project had many difficulties in the past. Every> time we all worked together to solve those difficulties. We are all> proud of the success of our improvements. The latter is based on our 3> years experience we have.> > Please next time before deciding something about the Fedora> Ambassadors Project's faith, DO NOT destroy what we have constructed> during the last past years.> > Being a Fedora Ambassador is being part of the exciting Fedora> Marketing family. During many events we have proved to the rest of the> world we are the most solid and proffesional marketing team.Believe me> or not, the closed Fedora Ambassador ML has a lot to contribute to> that.> > Fedora Marketing Mailing List:> > As for more inter-projects collaboration, I believe everyone should> make an effort to use the Fedora Marketing List instead of using it as> a news-posting media AND leave Fedora Ambassador ML closed for> critical issues.> > I don't believe that opening ambassador project ML will bring more> good than bad things to it. I still stress of the word QUALITY! If you> followed our last big events, you would have seen that quality in> promoting the Fedora Project.> > Making the ambassador subscription process easier is not by opening> the ambassador mailing list, but rather every ambassador should work> for that.> > Vote: -1 : I support JoergSimon's arguments and do not vote blindly.> > Kind regards,> Chitlesh> > --> Fedora-ambassadors-list mailing list> Fedora-ambassadors-list at redhat.com> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-ambassadors-list