[Ambassadors] What to Do?

Neville A. Cross nacross at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 21:11:05 UTC 2009

On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 1:34 PM, Mathieu Bridon
(bochecha)<bochecha at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
<snip>
>> Hope this thread dies fast.
>
> You're underestimating the power of « unconstructivism » of this mailing list :)

I really don' t want an inquisitor comity. But saying that there is no
problem because we are nice people won't solve a problem.

>From freemedia list we got two ambassadors that are ubuntu users with
no other country contact.

Form my personal experience I got an unresponsive ambassador that is
still listed as verified and active. I went to give a speach to
another country, wrote him saying that I will speaking over more than
250 people and He didn' t replied. A month later, a contact made in
that talk ask me for media for a Install festival. He ask me because
the local ambassador didn' t replied. I asked what to do in those
cases on Fudcon and didn't get an answer.

I don' t want to call them rotten apples. But sure they are not our
best representatives.

I sorry that I said before to kick or ban some one. Let me say it more
carefully. How we step out of their shadow?

I don' t mind some one that does a little. I don' t mind some one that
say I am busy.

If this topic is closed... We are hiding it under the carpet.

--
Neville
Linux User # 473217