[Ambassadors] Just an idea...

Tristan Santore tristan.santore at internexusconnect.net
Tue Aug 3 16:25:21 UTC 2010

On 03/08/10 14:46, Ryan Lewis wrote:
> I'd be willing to join such a project.
>
> -rhl
>
> On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 4:50 AM, Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com
> <mailto:metherid at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>       On 08/03/2010 01:31 PM, Manuel Escudero wrote:
>      >
>      >
>      > So because of this, I came out with an idea, it's just an idea, don't
>      > know if you may consider it important and/or interesting:
>      >
>      > Why don't we use a "second notification system" I mean, by
>     example, we
>      > can add to anaconda an additional step
>      > to let people create some kind of FAS account in order to win more
>      > "adepts" and also giving us the chance of notify
>      > them by e-mail or something like that when this kind of problems
>      > happen. (Of course, if they agree with that)
>      >
>      > Or maybe a Fedora News Digest app integrated in all major desktop
>      > enviroments and activable only under users order...
>      >
>      > Don't Know... Just an idea, any words to add?
>      >
>      > P.S. I contributed with my two cents by making a blog post announcing
>      > the bug and also asked the "thisweekinlinux" guy to talk about it in
>      > his next video
>      > in order to let more users to be awared of the bug and able to
>     fix it,
>      > he agreed by the way :)
>
>     It has been suggested before.  It just requires someone to write such a
>     app and convince the different teams to include it by default.   Are you
>     willing to look into that?
>
>     Rahul
>
>     --

Haven't we got enough fas accounts with people who don't actually do
anything ? I personally think, although a nice idea,a full FAS account
might be a bit over the top and even counter-productive. However,
highlighting that users can be added to the Fedora announce list, maybe
letting them sign up via anaconda, might be a good idea. Also make sure
people understand we have docs, and other informational material and the
wiki page.

Regards,

Tristan

--
Tristan Santore BSc MBCS
TS4523-RIPE
Tristan.Santore at internexusconnect.net

Former Thawte Notary
(Please note: Thawte has closed its WoT programme down,
and I am therefore no longer able to accredit trust)

TSantore at fedoraproject.org