[Ambassadors] Just an idea...

Manuel Escudero Jmlevick at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 16:57:23 UTC 2010

2010/8/3 Tristan Santore <tristan.santore at internexusconnect.net>

> On 03/08/10 14:46, Ryan Lewis wrote:
> > I'd be willing to join such a project.
> >
> > -rhl
> >
> > On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 4:50 AM, Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com
> > <mailto:metherid at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> >       On 08/03/2010 01:31 PM, Manuel Escudero wrote:
> >      >
> >      >
> >      > So because of this, I came out with an idea, it's just an idea,
> don't
> >      > know if you may consider it important and/or interesting:
> >      >
> >      > Why don't we use a "second notification system" I mean, by
> >     example, we
> >      > can add to anaconda an additional step
> >      > to let people create some kind of FAS account in order to win more
> >      > "adepts" and also giving us the chance of notify
> >      > them by e-mail or something like that when this kind of problems
> >      > happen. (Of course, if they agree with that)
> >      >
> >      > Or maybe a Fedora News Digest app integrated in all major desktop
> >      > enviroments and activable only under users order...
> >      >
> >      > Don't Know... Just an idea, any words to add?
> >      >
> >      > P.S. I contributed with my two cents by making a blog post
> announcing
> >      > the bug and also asked the "thisweekinlinux" guy to talk about it
> in
> >      > his next video
> >      > in order to let more users to be awared of the bug and able to
> >     fix it,
> >      > he agreed by the way :)
> >
> >     It has been suggested before.  It just requires someone to write such
> >     app and convince the different teams to include it by default.   Are
> you
> >     willing to look into that?
> >
> >     Rahul
> >
> >     --
> >

> > --
>
> Haven't we got enough fas accounts with people who don't actually do
> anything ? I personally think, although a nice idea,a full FAS account
> might be a bit over the top and even counter-productive. However,
> highlighting that users can be added to the Fedora announce list, maybe
> letting them sign up via anaconda, might be a good idea. Also make sure
> people understand we have docs, and other informational material and the
> wiki page.
>
> Regards,
>
> Tristan
>

> --
> Tristan Santore BSc MBCS
> TS4523-RIPE
> Network and Infrastructure Operations
> InterNexusConnect
> Mobile +44-78-55069812
> Tristan.Santore at internexusconnect.net
>
> Former Thawte Notary
> (Please note: Thawte has closed its WoT programme down,
> and I am therefore no longer able to accredit trust)
>
> For Fedora related issues, please email me at:
> TSantore at fedoraproject.org

Yep yep, this is taking shape... I agree with tristan. I propouse you two
things: We can make FAS sign up available through anaconda JUST FOR THE
REALLY INTERESTED ONES but I was talking about the notifier as a way to "get
the people in touch with fedora"... Even if my help is useful or not I want
you to think about this idea and consider it. Just imagine: If we add this
kind of app, some kind of "Fedora News Notifier" we're going to be the first
Operating System in turning the "Simple Software" concept into a
"Intelligent Enviroment" one.  I mean, for example, imagine, don't know, in
Fedora 15, maybe 16 a new function, the notifier, that app that can help
users by telling them what to do next after the installation, giving them a
warm welcome and also can notifying them about important news of the
community. This kind of service and/or attention makes the user believe that
Fedora is alive, it's not just a bunch of software, it's also a friendly
smart enviroment powered by it's users... We can make Fedora the Next
Generation Operating System and in the way of that, have a way to tell the
people about bugs like the one mentioned above :)

I was thinking about the notifier as an app like the BUG REPORTER but with
other propouses, having the option to select WHAT NEWS PEOPLE WANNA RECIEVE
and also having a search tool wich can help them to find any information
they need about fedora in one click.

P.S. Another idea can be build some kind of Google Wave Widget (using Google
Desktop and Gadgets API) and adding the Google Gadgets Package, as far as I
know, it's opensource...

Let's keep talking.

--
<-Manuel Escudero->
Linux User #509052
@GWave: jmlevick at googlewave.com
@Blogger: http://www.blogxenode.tk/ (Xenode Systems Blog)
PGP/GnuPG: DAE3 82E9 D68E 7AE4 ED31  1F8F 4AF4 D00C 50E7 ABC6