[Ambassadors] Fedora Ambassadors Welcome

Larry Cafiero larry.cafiero at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 19:49:35 UTC 2010

2010/12/9 Henrik Nordström <henrik at henriknordstrom.net>

> May I suggest a slight change in procedure, to have Joerg encourage the
> new ambassadors to reply themselves to the welcome message, presenting
> themselves? I think many interesting discussions can arise from such
> introductions, and would welcome the new ambassadors far better than 700
> welcome.

While I don't want to seem unfriendly, I believe that having Ambassadors
introducing themselves -- and the subsequent messages that would invariably
follow -- would add to the traffic already on the list, which is what
"Please do not send private 'Welcome' Messages to Ambassador List" tries to
avoid.

An ambassador is "introduced" by your clicking on his/her wiki page link in
the announcement. If you feel inclined to welcome him/her, then e-mail
him/her off-list.

In fact, I would encourage this: If you find from the wiki that an
ambassador lives near you and/or is someone you have something in common
with (i.e., "I'm a Python programmer . . . ."), by all means contact them
and welcome them into the realm.

Larry Cafiero