[Ambassadors] When you are at an event...

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 7 17:51:40 UTC 2010

... please don't hack!

For certain reasons (FOSDEM in this case) I'd like to remind you all of
some rules you should follow when you are attending an event.

     1. When you are at an event and you are doing service at the Fedora
        booth, please don't just sit behind the table staring at your
        laptop and chatting with each other. Instead, try to spend your
        time on the visitors.
     2. Instead of sitting behind the desk, stand before it. If you are
        standing you can better talk to people cause you don't have look
        up all the time and if you are in front of the booth, it's
        easier to get in touch with people.

I was surprised to see that some people did builds and updates this
afternoon while they were at FOSDEM. Even worse: At least some of them
already heard about the complainants of some visitors that the Fedora
people were just sitting and hacking all the time.

I have not been at the event so I cannot tell if these complainants were
justified or not, but I think FOSDEM is definitely not the place to do
package maintainance. It's is for meeting people! It's only two days
each year, so when you are there, please do yourself a favor and ether
spend the time on people or attend some of the excellent talks.

Regards,
Christoph