[Ambassadors] Budget Support for Fedora Indonesia

susmit shannigrahi thinklinux.ssh at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 15:44:07 UTC 2010

> A few days ago we (Fedora Indonesia) had guests from Germany. Mr.
> Mario Behling of LXDE fundation. He called on us to attend and
> represent Fedora Indonesia in the event Gnome Asia Summit to be held
> in Vietnam in November 2010. Honestly we do not have the funds to
> transport and accommodation costs, we are pure free support community
> and do not get support funds from any others party. My question, could
> we get funding for transport and accommodation from Fedora, to attend
> the Gnome Asia Summit in Vietnam? honest we really wanted to attend
> the event. as Fedora Indoneisa.

Getting support should not be a problem at all. On the other hand, we
can not support a huge number of travel requests. So, whether an event
is sponsored or not depends on the merit of it. I really think it
would be nice if we have our representation at Gnome Asia Summit.

What really needed is the planning about what we are going to do
there. Please make up a wiki page, start working with other
collaborators and once you have a rough draft, we can talk about
travel and other stuffs.

Susmit.