[Ambassadors] LATAM Events -- Fedora Project Leader road trip

Rafael Gomes rafaelgomes at projetofedora.org
Mon Jul 19 01:33:10 UTC 2010

Sorry, but I will not be at FISL to talk with you. I can show my opinion now.

IMHO the problem of Brazilian community are:

The local community don't know what is the real intention of Fedora,
it is not clear for them. It is about how we really can help Fedora
and don't lost that target.

We have some infrastructure that IMHO is duplicate, we should use more
official resource of Fedora.

My ideas are:

- We should translate wiki pages and use them. We need verify if is
possible the user access pages in Brazilian Portuguese and navigate in
that language, when available. I have already translated some pages
and I can help with this.

- Translate the join page, because in that page we have all
information needed to understand the possible ways to contribute with
Fedora.

- The local community should grow up its participation here in
official list of ambassadors, but may be because the language some
guys avoids here. It was my problem, I am a little shy to write in
english, I am learning yet, I understand well, but write in english...
no much. I am trying now... :D

Sorry... big email! it was my cents...

Rafael Gomes
Consultor em TI
LPIC-1 MCSO
(71) 9277-8868

Atenção: Este e-mail pode conter anexos no formato ODF (Open Document
Format)/ABNT (extensões odt, ods, odp, odb, odg). Antes de pedir os
anexos em outro formato, você pode instalar gratuita e livremente o
BrOffice (http://www.broffice.org).