[Ambassadors] Remaining Fedora Tablecloths...

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 16:04:37 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 01:48:05AM -0300, Igor Pires Soares wrote:
> Em Seg, 2010-07-19 às 16:16 -0400, Paul W. Frields escreveu:
> > Igor, it's possible no one responded because they hadn't received this
> > message earlier.  I just got it now, two days after the date you sent.
>
> Yes, but I was just pointing out the same possibilities I suggested here
> at July, 10th. I guess it was enough time for most of the interested
> ones to receive it. If that wasn't enough I apologize.

Not at all, it's fine Igor.  I didn't mean to imply you didn't say
something earlier.  It might have been missed by others, just as I
missed it.  Sorry I didn't see your earlier suggestion! :-)

> > It's no matter -- we can fund more tablecloths without a problem for
> > places in LATAM that need them, including Peru and Nicaragua.
>
> I totally agree that this countries also need a tablecloth, but Neville
> said that the costs of shipping from another countries are prohibited so
> I didn't saw the point of sending it to another place since it can be
> used at FISL without additional costs.

That makes sense to me.  As I told people elsewhere, tablecloths are
not expensive and we can buy a few more of them for distribution and
use around LATAM.  It doesn't make sense to spend (for example) US $50
each time we have to ship one cloth across the continent, if we can
spend, say, US $200 on a couple cloths that can be shipped around in
smaller areas for cheaper.