[Ambassadors] EMEA Ambassadors, please stand up for media distribution

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 24 10:55:28 UTC 2010

Hello world,

a while back we agreed that the media we produced for the F13 cycle will
be shipped to some anchor points within the EMEA region. From there they
will be distributed locally to the event owners. [1]

We now need to make sure that we get the media out to the anchors ASAP.
We have a large number of media this time and it would be a great loss
if we cannot spend them in time.

So I'm asking everybody to send us orders of through the EMEA Swag
tracker at https://fedorahosted.org/emea-swag-tracking

     2. Select new ticket
     3. Fill out the fields and assign the ticket sspreitzer. We need to
        know the number of media (Live, Install, KDE, Xfce, LXDE, what
        architecture, etc) and your shipping address of course.

Please get in touch with the other ambassadors and event owners in your
local community to find out how much media you need.

REMEMBER: If you are ordering media, YOU are responsible for
distributing them in your country or region. I suggest to distribute the
media when you meet other community members at events, but sometimes you
might aso need to send smaller amounts of media by mail. Postage should
be low and in this case we might cannot reimburse you for small sums of
2 or 3 EUR because the bureaucratic overhead and the fees for many
transfers are to high compared to the money spent. Please don't order
media that you cannot spend or ship to others.

We have a lot of nice and shiny media, let's all work together to get
them our to the community ASAP. Thanks for your cooperation!

Regards,
Christoph

[1]
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/ambassadors/2010-May/014551.html