[Ambassadors] Media discount = sponsoring?

Mathieu Bridon bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jul 30 13:35:12 UTC 2010

On 07/30/2010 03:28 PM, Jukka Palander wrote:

> We (Ambassadors also) drive the board! Or are they some kind of Gods not
> taking any advice into an account?

We elected them, which means we trust them to use their best judgement
and take sound decisions.

So maybe you should wait for one of them to actually make a statement
and ask for community input, right now this discussion is going nowhere.

Also, when it comes to funding/sponsoring, I'm not sure even the board
is the one to decide. Keep in mind that Red Hat is legally responsible
for the Fedora Project, which means any discussion with a sponsor will
*probably* have to be handled by Red Hat instead.

Note the emphasis on the word « probably », I have no idea on the
matter, really, which is why it seems a good idea to wait for someone
who actually *has* an idea on the matter. ;)

--
Mathieu