[Ambassadors] Release Parties

Joerg Simon jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jun 23 06:39:23 UTC 2010

Am 23.06.2010 02:24, schrieb Luke Slater:
> I also saw about the generic posters, which are nice but I think it would be
> nice to have some variety in there :-) We can also work to provide other such
> items, posters were an example.

this was just a old link to the initial post to have such generic
designs - this posters never went public in this color ;)

Current generic designs are the 4f´s, they are cool and well used by the
Ambassadors.

As said we welcome any new Design we can use to produce things - we
learned that we have to be carefull with our Design-Ressources - so
strong generic Artwork is better than none, or "not done" Artwork,
because the Design Contributors have a lot of work and have to set
priorities - we saw that, as example from the XFCE CD-Sleeve Design.

We also learned that - as example SWAG - has regional Requirements
- things that work in Germany, might not work in Hungary and so on. That
is why SWAG Production and Prototyping is historicaly done by the
regional Ambassadors, just two examples [1],[2] - there are many more
from every Region in the world.

What we need from my pov are good base-designs so we can create our
Posters, T-Shirts, Bags .... SWAG

The best Marketing Instrument i know for Release Parties, are printed
good-looking OnePage Release Flyers.

Marketing is welcome to brainstorm of new SWAG Ideas - like we had the
Idea to have "Ballon Stess Balls" to the "Ballon Artwork" of Fedora 7.

cu Joerg

[1] http://zoltanh721.linuxempire.hu/?p=50
[2]
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_gQ4q3hjYrFQ/SElOyhmOdfI/AAAAAAAAASw/W8JJbH8c1JI/s1600-h/sany0002k.png
<- or would marketing ever thought on Fedora Bathrobes ;)

--
Joerg (kital) Simon
jsimon at fedoraproject.org
http://kitall.blogspot.com
Key Fingerprint:
3691 0989 2DCA 58A2 8D1F 2CAC C823 558E 5B5B 5688