[Ambassadors] Ambassador Schedule for F14

Mathieu Bridon bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jun 28 22:14:15 UTC 2010

Hi,

On 06/28/2010 11:06 PM, Joerg Simon wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> thanks for your patience, here is the final Ambassadorial Schedule for
> F14 that we approved in our todays FAmSCo Meeting.
>
>   https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/Schedule

Some of those items seem a bit odd to me.

- Generic meetings involving FAmSCo, regional leads, and ambassadors on
upcoming release

What would those « generic » meetings be about. Or is the intended
purpose to actually let them be as « generic » as possible?

Like Paul said in an earlier reply to the original thread:
   The more specific the tasks are, as Robyn notes above, the more likely
   they can be easily handled by an interested contributor.  The more
   vague they are, the harder it is to figure them out or assign them to
   anyone to get done.

This seems like an overly vague task, covering overly vague meetings,
and I fear this will lead to long and unproductive meetings. :-/

- Release event submission closes, FAmSCo review meeting, budget
review/allocation

What happens if someone is too late to declare his event, will he be
told he can't hold one? Or will he simply not be granted funding?

- Point of Contacts work with infrastructure for getting ISO immediately
after final image is composed and available to mirrors for sync

Wait, the RC images are already publicly available, and the decision to
make a RC iso the release is publicly announced.

There is just no need for some « points of contact » to « work with
infrastructure », this is already public knowledge.

Thanks in advance for any clarification.

--
Mathieu