[Ambassadors] Ambassador Schedule for F14

Mathieu Bridon bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jun 29 06:02:35 UTC 2010

On 06/29/2010 03:50 AM, susmit shannigrahi wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 3:44 AM, Mathieu Bridon
>> - Release event submission closes, FAmSCo review meeting, budget
>> review/allocation
>>
>> What happens if someone is too late to declare his event, will he be
>> told he can't hold one? Or will he simply not be granted funding?
>
> Yes, he is unlikely to get funding. May be we won't be too hard about
> it. But lets try to stick to the schedule.

Ok, thanks for clarifying.

>> - Point of Contacts work with infrastructure for getting ISO immediately
>> after final image is composed and available to mirrors for sync
>>
>> Wait, the RC images are already publicly available, and the decision to
>> make a RC iso the release is publicly announced.
>>
>> There is just no need for some « points of contact » to « work with
>> infrastructure », this is already public knowledge.
>
> RC is not the final image...is it? RC + testing = Final image...right?
> So, we can not create DVD media from RC, can we? Or do I understand
> this incorrectly?

FC13 RC3 was renamed F13 GA, after sufficient testing. The image didn't
change.

This is exactly the point of the RC process: we produce an RC image,
test it, if it doesn't meet the criteria then we produce a second
one,... Once an RC image passes the release criteria, then this very
same image becomes the release.

At this point, you already have the final image, even though release day
didn't happen yet.

--
Mathieu