[Ambassadors] FAD NA 2010

Clint Savage herlo at fedoraproject.org
Wed Mar 24 20:16:54 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 1:14 PM, inode0 <inode0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 12:53 PM, Max Spevack <mspevack at redhat.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, 24 Mar 2010, Clint Savage wrote:
>>
>>> I am actually free that weekend.  I am going to try to make it.
>>> Right now, flights from SLC to DSM are $248 (I can drive an hour from
>>> Des Moines no problem)
>>>
>>> Would the costs of any of this (flight, hotel, car rental, etc) be
>>> reimbursed through CommArch or paid for in advance?  I think the price
>>> is going to go up soon so I should book right away.
>>
>> We need to get a sense for what we think the total budget for the event
>> will be (which we can do within the next week), but we will have funding
>> to help subsidize some travel costs.  If I were you, Clint, I'd get
>> those tickets ASAP before they go up in price, regardless of what % of
>> that price Red Hat can fund in the end.
>
> Ok, it will be really helpful if we could all get estimates of our
> expected costs and needs.
>
> The long but worth reading explanation of how this part works is described here:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Sponsoring_event_attendees
>
> Glancing at the attendee list I am wondering if threethirty could car
> pool with pcalarco since both would be coming from Indiana?!
>
> The sooner we get some good numbers on costs/needs and some
> information on activities the easier this will be to start making firm
> decisions.
>
> John
> --
All,

According to the above link, you put your requirements on the Event
page, so I have updated the table on
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Ambassador_Day_North_America_2010
to include 'Travel costs excluding hotel' (I figure hotel costs can be
the same across the board and we can bunk up with another during the
event).

Please update if you have a good esitmate, but don't expect this to be
the reimbursement amount.  We're just gathering numbers at the moment.
 We'll get to how to pay for it soon.

Cheers,

Clint