[Ambassadors] Goodbye FAMSCO!!

MarĂ­a Leandro tatica at fedoraproject.org
Wed May 12 12:49:10 UTC 2010

Hello.

We all know how much effort Rodrigo put on Fedora Brazil all this years, and
most recently on Latam. Thanks to his work all LATAM country leaders where
able to meet each other in Brazilian events and personally (even if I'm
aware that sometimes my relation with Rodrigo was conflictive) i'm really
thankfull for what Rodrigo has done, and I'm sure will remain doing.

Is clear that RH-Latam has only been supporting 2 or 3 countries the last 3
years, but things change and now all Latam is receiving help for their
excelent work.

I'm sure Rodrigo has some greats plans (he always does) and this is just a
"move on with some more important things". sometimes we put the Fedora
community over other responsabilities and in several cases that works; but
we all have lives to take care of... so I wish you luck Rodrigo 'cause I
know you're working hard to get a future to you.

Most of Rodrigo and I differences are because the small support our region
got, and only the countries with a RH office (and not all) where taking all
the attention.. but that's the past; and things are improoving. Sometimes
sacrifices must be done to make things happen.

To Igor: Yes, Rodrigo has been a rol model for all of us... don't you think
that because I think different than him he is not an important figure in
fedora for me.

To Itamar: Rodrigo has always take care of Brazil and I have always tried to
help with small things to that country (I'm even taking Prtuguese class
since I went) but I'm aware that Brazil is an example of success. We are
just trying to follow the steps that fits to LATAM situations. We all know
LATAM is a controvertial continent, so please... don't be so hard. Let
Rodrigo and I solve our problems and don't try to mediate our weird
relation.

To all: Sometimes our friends go against our decitions to convert ideas into
actions. Sometimes we believe that is a personal thing, but most of the time
a friend is the only person who can tell you the truth (even if it hurts or
the other person is a dumb who doesn't know how to talk properly, like
me)... but still a friend.

To Rodrigo: Hope to still see you on IRC, mail list and if we are luck..
catch each other in some event and have an oportunity to talk personally
again. I don't say goodbye, there is no point. You are still Fedora and you
will always be.

eof

2010/5/13 Joerg Simon <jsimon at fedoraproject.org>

> Am 12.05.2010 13:55, schrieb Itamar Reis Peixoto:
> > Brazil is big and we have others ambassadors here.
> >
> > Maria Leandro can take care of their own country and let Brazil for
> > Brazilian people.
>
> Sure you are right, but i was speaking about a LATAM "interface" to
> FAmSCo which covers many countries in South and Middle America.
>
> I am sure that the Brazil Community will have Rodrigo around as a
> regional Leader!
>
> cu Joerg
> --
> Joerg (kital) Simon
> jsimon at fedoraproject.org
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JoergSimon
> http://kitall.blogspot.com
> Key Fingerprint:
> 3691 0989 2DCA 58A2 8D1F 2CAC C823 558E 5B5B 5688

tatica
Maria Gracia Leandro
http://www.tatica.org
http://www.fedora-ve.org