[Ambassadors] New regional Ambassador Mentors

Joerg Simon jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Mon Nov 8 11:24:18 UTC 2010

Am 08.11.2010 11:02, schrieb Marcus Moeller:
> Congrats to the new mentors. Just wanted to note that others who have
> applied (before) for being a mentor have been told that no more
> mentors are needed e.g. in EMEA and now two new have been elected.
> Not
> that I disagree with the candidates, but with the election procedure.

That makes a liar of me - right?
Do you think that maybe sometimes people change their plan of life and
move to other regions - and asked me to not tell anyone before? But that
we should prepare ourself for his moving and find new mentors?

If you go through the tickets you can see both candidates already
mentored people together with FAMA in the past. Once again, mentors get
nominated and voted by FAmSCo in public - this Role is nothing where
someone should apply for, you get elected/choosen. If someone has
mentored candidates together with FAMA before, he most likely will end
up as a mentor in that list oneday. We had also demands from the
community in the past for a candidate where we also followed and
appointed the Mentor out of this demand.

We, FAMA together with the Mentors worked a lot to make a good job and
we have good results - nobody can deny that! I for myself work more than
1000 hours per year only on Membership Administration and
developing/improving the Mentoring process. Therefore i think it is only
meritocracy if the people who do this work every day - the
Administrators and Mentors decide about the appointment process.
Otherwise the whole concept of meritocracy is broken - because you have
done nothing in all your time being and Ambassador to improve that!

cu Joerg
--
Joerg (kital) Simon
jsimon at fedoraproject.org
http://kitall.blogspot.com
Key Fingerprint:
3691 0989 2DCA 58A2 8D1F 2CAC C823 558E 5B5B 5688