[Ambassadors] Going passive

Jonathan Wagener jonathan.wagener at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 11:45:32 UTC 2010

Hi there Sascha,

I completely agree with you. The work that is done on the Fedora project is
used to profit another company. So in a sense they have found a wonderful
way to make a fortune out of a free workforce.

But who do you work for in that case?

On 9 November 2010 13:23, Sascha Thomas Spreitzer <
sspreitzer at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Dear Fedorians,
>
> as I feel frustration about my work in Fedora and I do not agree with
> todays Fedora governance and ruling system I am hereby taking the
> logical step of stopping all my active contributions to this project.
> One major point is that I feel exploited by RedHats installation of
> the Fedora Project and I do not feel it is ok to contribute for a
> companys benefit that is not equal to its project investment.
>
> Thats why I am saying goodbye, with the following sentence;
> "Microsoft is the evil we know. Novell and Oracle is the evil we got
> to know and Canonical and RedHat is the evil we will get to know."
>

> The duties I am leaving open and which will be impacting are;
>
> - EMEA media production (F14 still open?)
> - Dual layer DVD approach
> - some packages
>
> Thank you for the friends I met and made and thank you about the
> lessons I learned about OpenSource and capitalism.
>

> For the sake of freedom I will be shifting my spare time to projects
> which are ruled by the poeple for the people.
>
> --
> best wishes,
> Sascha

Jonathan Wagener