[Ambassadors] Going passive

Mathieu Bridon bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Tue Nov 9 12:04:24 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-11-09 at 13:45 +0200, Jonathan Wagener wrote:
> Hi there Sascha,
>
> I completely agree with you. The work that is done on the Fedora project is
> used to profit another company. So in a sense they have found a wonderful
> way to make a fortune out of a free workforce.

And in a sense, you gain a free operating system, invaluable experience
on your resume, a lot of fun,...

Seems like everyone is winning.

If you really think that companies involved in FOSS should not gain
anything from the community of volunteers, then what you wish for is a
future where FOSS is marginalized and only matters to a handful of
hobbyists. And in such a future, we all lose.

Sascha, you have the right to your opinions, and you are perfectly
allowed to disagree with any project. In such a case, leaving is
probably best, if only because it will make you happier. However, please
don't disrespect or try to destroy the work others are doing. Do what
you enjoy, and let others do the same.

All the best for your future projects.

--
Mathieu