[Ambassadors] How to be a Mentor?

Joerg Simon jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Fri Oct 29 16:27:32 UTC 2010

Am 29.10.2010 17:39, schrieb Marcus Moeller:
> That's especially something I cannot fully agree with. Imho there
> should be clear guidelines that have to be fulfilled to become a
> mentor.

Why? Please tell me what is bad with the mentors we have already
(s)elected, are they so bad? I think they are great and prove that the
way to choose mentors works fine!

> It should not be based on personal preferences of a quite
> small group of ppl.

These small group of people you mentioned is FAmSCo and the people
involved who do the administration and mentoring on daily basis
regarding Ambassador Membership.

If it is just about mentoring - i think that every Ambassador is doing
that out there anyway - by encouraging new contributors to work in other
groups like Ambassdors - because Ambassadors is not a starting group!

I do not think we need more rules as we already have, but nothing is set
in stone. The way it is working now, was also discussed in an open to
everyone Mentors Meeting
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-1/2010-09-06/fedora-meeting-1.2010-09-06-19.03.log.html

Working with people involves peoples decissions and as long as you agree
that we elect steering commitees to give them a voice, i see it also as
imperative that the steering commitees vote on things also based on
personal judgement not on checklists.

cu Joerg

--
Joerg (kital) Simon
jsimon at fedoraproject.org
http://kitall.blogspot.com
Key Fingerprint:
3691 0989 2DCA 58A2 8D1F 2CAC C823 558E 5B5B 5688