[Ambassadors] How to be a Mentor?

Marcus Moeller mail at marcus-moeller.de
Fri Oct 29 19:04:44 UTC 2010

Hi David.

>>> http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=fama.git;a=blob_plain;f=stats/ambassadors.png
>>>
>>> and we could no longer assure the quality of new candidates.
>>>
>>> We trust Ambassdars with ressources - and personal trust is nothing that
>>> you can put in guidelines and rulebooks. Same is for new Mentors!
>>
>> Yes, but that also means that some candidates e.g. I personally
>> wouldn't have rejected, have been.
>

> I think you'll find rejections VERY VERY rare (I'll try and go look at
> the numbers)
> Most 'time out' from not responding to their mentor. At FADNA this
> year, we discussed that something like 98% of the people who do
> contact a mentor never responded to the email response from the
> mentor.
>
> I just ran a query - there are only 24 mentor rejections out of more
> than 1000 tickets (and some of those are duplicate tickets from the
> same individuals). E.g. I don't think this is a problem.

Okay, maybe it was just in the beginning when mentoring has been
introduced. Please don't get me wrong. I really like the current
process of becoming an Ambassador and the reports also show good
trends.

I just want to make sure there is something similar (does not have to
be such a BIG thing), for becoming a Mentor.

--
Greets
Marcus