[Ambassadors] How to be a Mentor?

Neville A. Cross nacross at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 18:15:15 UTC 2010

2010/10/30 Buddhika Chandradeepa Kurera <bckurera at fossuser.lk>:

> Then to make the process smoother, assign a mentor for every country, then
> it is ok.
> The country mentors can recommend the newly join member(coz it is easy to
> evaluate those people if they are in same country) and then the regional
> mentor can approve the entry after examine the person may be through a week
> by considering his work and so on.
> Hope this would work well any comments???????
> How can we make a proposal to FAmSCo????
> please tell me

I think is unrealistic to want to have one mentor per country if we
don't even have one ambassador per country.
It is possible for an ambassador to write to one mentor commenting on
new ambassadors expecting sponsorship. I have done that before I
become a mentor myself and it worked, because I was providing local
context.
But if some one out the blue turn up wanting to be an ambassador in
country where there is not known fedora activism, as mentor you need
to work with this person to make sure he or she will perform
adequately as a spoken person on behalf of fedora.

If you feel that some area needs more mentors, you can always bring
the mater to FAmSCo.

best regards.

--
Neville