[Ambassadors] How to be a Mentor?

Sun Oct 31 07:04:09 UTC 2010

2010/10/30 Buddhika Chandradeepa Kurera <bckurera at fossuser.lk>:

> Then to make the process smoother, assign a mentor for every country, then
> it is ok.

Umm... no. One doesn't assign a mentor in a top-down approach. As far
as I can recall the original mentor process started off with a group
of people who had street credentials (I am borrowing some words from
the Fedora Community Working Group page). The idea was to ensure that
these mentors take time and have patience to build up the next line of
mentors from the participants in the Ambassadors and other separate
projects from the country/region.

Think about how the coach-trainee process happens in real life. To be
a coach one has to demonstrate certain quality of excellence and, a
peer group also evaluates the work undertaken.

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog>