[Ambassadors] [Peru] fue un placer

Igor Pires Soares igorsoares at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 23:28:58 UTC 2010

Em Sáb, 2010-09-04 às 07:46 -0500, Edg at r Rodolfo escreveu:
> first message is en english, read please :)
>
> Hello ambassadors, i have a news about the community fedora peru in
> latam, http://proyectofedora.org/peru, our ambassador henry anchante
> (hacataka), he was a of the ambassadors more active in peru, he
> decided to go out of fedora peru, is a news very sad for me, i learned
> much with he, i am few months here in fedora, my collaboration in
> fedora peru (cybernauta) is thank to henry anchante and my mentor
> tatica, i recently am in fedora peru, i know of others ambassadors,
> but nothing as hacataka, he was a true ammbassador in peru, in
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/MembershipService/Verification#Peru_.287.29, during the time that i am in fedora peru (1 year), only hacataka was the ambassador for peru for me, is my opinion,  now he goes out, our project i think here in peru will decrease, we want to do much things here, but the support is little.
> My name is Edgar Rodolfo (cybernauta), i am from Arequipa a small city
> of peru, here in my city I am the only person  talking about fedora,
> my site web is more dedicated about fedora
> http://cybernautape.wordpress.com/, then my friends i think that if in
> lima doesn't exist a ambassador same that hacataka, fedora is nothing,
> others persons (ambassadors) don't do nothing, i read about hernan
> pachas he was first ambassador, but now nothing, silence...
> our last project http://proyectofedora.org/wiki/Eventos/FudExp, now i
> think that it will not do, because the idea was of hacataka (henry), i
> made a banner:
> http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=f0d0cjrqw4d1w6h&thumb=4
> Dear friends the news is very sad for me, but i will continue writing
> in the web  site (http://proyectofedora.org/peru) , because I LOVE
> FEDORA, and GNU/LINUX
> http://proyectofedora.org/wiki/Usuario:Cybernautape
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Cybernautape
> Thank you henry (hacataka)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, if you change your
> opinion it will be a good news...
> Excuse me, my english is very basic :(

I know that's tough but it's important to keep things going in Peru. You
can always try to bring more people in. It's just a bad time. Let's work
out some ideas to improve your local community. Even remotely you can
reach valuable contributors in key cities like Lima. There might be a
Linux user group there you can contact.

Igor Pires Soares
Fedora I18N/L10N QA
Fedora Ambassador (Brazil)