[Ambassadors] Event Report: Linux Day 2011

Magie Antonio magie at bluepoint.com.ph
Mon Aug 29 17:03:47 UTC 2011

Thanks Engels. :)

We'll upload photos as soon as the BLUE Linux Day documentation team from the Department of Science & Technology  - Advanced Science & Technology Institute submits the event's photo and video coverage.

Credit also goes to Greg Swift and Constantin Drabo for initiating Linux Day celebrations in their respective countries. I'm sure these Fedora Contributors advocated the use of Fedora Linux ;) http://linuxday.org/index.php?category=2011

Kudos to Engels too for properly addressing the Red Hat-Oracle-Fedora issue that was raised during Q&A about his "Fedora & systemd" talk.

We're also looking forward to the upcoming Software Freedom Day on Sept. 17. http://sfd.bluepoint.com.ph/ Bluepoint Foundation has been securing a booth and a speaking slot for Fedora every year. Hope this year Fedora will still be part of the success of Bluepoint-PH held SFDs. http://softwarefreedomday.org/en/competition/winners-2009

Regards,
Magie

--
Executive Director