[Ambassadors] [X-post] Attention: Ambassadors from India

Neville A. Cross neville at taygon.com
Thu Dec 8 22:29:18 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-12-09 at 07:46 +1000, Caius Chance wrote:
>      1. Is the 300 amount in 300 requests with all different names and
>         postal addresses?

The system trash exact duplicates, mark down duplicate candidates and
user take down the duplicates that survive (not many)

>      1. Have you come across some "repeat" requesters who you found
>         they are distro vendor rather than real users?

As there is filters to avoid duplication and it takes time it is not
attractive for re-sellers, even if what they look is for a "master copy"
to duplicate. I personally haven't come across something like that.

>      1. Were there any feedbacks from the recipient about the usage
>         experiences, or have you done any follow ups with them?

There are some nice experiences. Like two people in Netherlands living
on the same street getting to meet each other just because of freemedia.
I personally hand delivery one disk to a person that later become my
friend and fedora ambassador. I have people writing me asking for
advise, as well people that does not care for their email account
sending spam-bot mail. But I have to said that most of the time there is
no follow up.

> In short, "If there is a demand as good as this, it is difficult to
> believe no one has already sell Fedora discs to fill that gap."

One barrier to most people buying media online is how do you know that
one seller is secure and that you can trust them with your credit card
info. From the seller side, in some countries it is not worth the
trouble for setting up an e-commerce store. International credit card
are difficult to deal with. International shipping can become expensive
and unreliable. I can go on...

--
Neville
Linux User # 473217