[Ambassadors] Survey: Red Hat Certifications/Training for FAms (Just 2 or 3 minutes required)

Joerg Simon jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Fri Dec 30 12:49:54 UTC 2011

On 28.12.2011 21:45, Uditha Bandara Wijerathna wrote:
> I've just created a survey to collect information from ambassadors
> regarding RH certifications and Fedora Training.

We are Ambassadors because we are already knowledged - right!?

And while i agree that continuously improvement is necessary and should
also have a place in our Group, i do not think the Ambassadors Group is
the place where people should apply to learn the basics on
Linux-Administration or get RH-Discounts for RH-Certification or that we
should focus to teach ourselves/Ambasssadors in classrooms - "this
cooking in our own soup"(odd germany saying).
As Ambassadors we are able to keep up and understand our
geeky-non-people-person-friends and we create new knowledge from their
research - not consume it!

Classrooms are great for mentorees or potential candidates from all the
other groups in Fedora. But this would require that we make our job as
liasons to other groups better and announce not only on the Ambassadors
List but also on the channels where potential valuable future
contributors hang around, who really need that teaching to become a
contibutor in a group other than Ambassadors!

We are professional in doing events like no others - but this is not
enough - we already worked that out several times!  We have so much
energy in our group but honestly, i think it is a misguided introversive
energy which i wanted to see invested in a dozen times brought up topics
- ask yourself what have we achieved if we look at our Ambassadors Group
Goal 2011 that the last FAmSCo picked up?

http://kitall.blogspot.com/2011/02/ambassador-group-role-for-2011.html

Not much, right? We degraded not evolved!!!

cu Joerg

--
Joerg (kital) Simon
jsimon at fedoraproject.org
http://kitall.blogspot.com
Key Fingerprint:
3691 0989 2DCA 58A2 8D1F 2CAC C823 558E 5B5B 5688